About The Contest
- For the second time, to celebrate the industry’s biggest event, the IPA is launching the Photo Competition with the theme “People, Environment, and Community in the Oil and Gas Industry”.
- The Association is recognizing the talents and interest of the industry players and community in photography area and inviting all to snap oil and gas related activities in ways that have never seen before.
- Categories in this year’s competition are People at Work in the Oil & Gas Industry, Oil & Gas Contribution to the Community, Care for the Environment and Best Photo.
- The total prize reaches IDR 56 million, plus trophies and other kinds of goodies.
- This is a two round contest: Qualification Round and Final Round.
- In this leg of the competition, the participant may submit up to 2 photos for each category as digital files, in color or black and white. The photos should be in JPEG format with 300 dpi resolution and 1mb file size maximum.
- The Qualification Round will start in March 1, 2013 and ends in April 30, 2013 Photographers should send their pictures within this timeframe.
- The Final Round is the next stage for those who have passed the Qualification Round.
- In this stage, the Judges will select 36 best photos to be qualified at the Final Round and will be display and the convention and exhibition day.
- The Judging process will be done one day before the exhibition day. The Winner of Photo Competition will be selected by the Jury panel based on their photos submitted.
This competition is open to anyone coming from the oil and gas industry and surrounding communities.
This is a two round contest with the theme “People, Environments and Community Within Oil and Gas Industry” and categories as the following:
1. People at Work in Oil & Gas Industry
2. Oil and Gas Contribution to the Community
3. Care for the Environment
Entries will be accepted from March 1, 2013 to April 30, 2013, 12:00 pm Indonesia Time (GMT +7).
Prizes & Award
Number of Winners
3 Best People at Work in the Oil & Gas Industry
‐ Cash Money Rp. 8.000.000,‐
3 Best Oil & Gas Contribution to the Community
‐ Cash Money Rp. 6.000.000,‐
3 Best Care for the Environment
‐ Cash Money Rp. 4.000.000,‐
1 Best/Favorite Photo
‐ Cash Money Rp. 2.000.000,‐
• Accepted images must be graphic files taken with digital cameras.
• File Format: JPEG only.
• Maximum size per JPEG image: 2MB (Max. weight/length 1600 pixels, resolution 300 dpi).
• Multiple photos may not be submitted as one photo entry.
• RGB will be applied as the standard color space during the judging process.
• Winners may be asked to submit JPEG images of higher resolution for their winning photos for such purposes as to the production of publications and exhibitions related to the contest.
• Each entrant may enter a maximum of 2 JPEG images.
• Submitted images will not be returned under any circumstances.
• Participants will not receive a notification letter or e‐mail of registration.
• Photographers that have submitted their images will only be accepted as contestants if they acted in accordance with the procedures mentioned above.
• All data submitted to the contest via the CD and Internet, including image data and personal information, will be managed by Dyandra & Co as laid out by the contest organizer.
• Photographs that have been published and images that have won awards will not be accepted.
• The committee reserves the right to disqualify entries that violate the law or show any Indonesian people, places or subjects in an uncomplimentary way.
• All Participants, particularly those under 18, are responsible for ensuring that their submissions are in compliance with the legal requirements of their country.
Who May Enter
Competition is open to public excluding professional photographer. Employees of the Indonesia Petroleum Association, the 37th IPA Convention and Exhibition Committee, the Event Organizer and its contractor are not allowed to participate in this competition.
How To Enter
Each Entry consist a single image with a photo caption. To submit entries send email to:
email@example.com with the data of participants:
‐ Category of the photo
‐ Title of the photo and Location
‐ Name of participant
‐ Affiliation and Address
‐ Phone/HP number
‐ Email address
Each entry must comply with the following requirements (the “Photograph Requirements”):
• Photographs must be in digital format. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this Competition. The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable. All digital files must be 1 MB or smaller, must be in JPEG or JPG format, and must be at least 300dpi.
• Photographs must have been taken within one (1) years before the date of entry and may not previously won any award in other competition. • Only minor burning, dodging and/or color correction is acceptable, as is cropping. High dynamic range images (HDR) and stitched panoramas are NOT acceptable.
• Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, but not manipulated. Entrees can enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer, etc, but not manipulate the content. The judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity. Please do not include a border.
• Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud; provided Participants must be prepared to provide a release form as de
scribed below in “Release.” When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full‐frame close‐up of another person’s art. • The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the competition participants. By entering the Competition, participants represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the participants, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
• Each photo submitted must not have been included in other competitions and has not been published for commercial purposes and must be free of any contractual or other bonds that restrict the participants and organizers to make the publication of the photo on the media associated with this competition. • The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
The entries in each Category will judged separately, in accordance with the Judging Criteria, as defined below. All entries must be submitted and received by April 30, 2013 at 12:00:00 pm.
Terms and Conditions
• If you do not accept these Terms please do not enter the competition.
• The Convention Committee may change the Terms at any time by updating information on the official IPA Convex Website. Please review the Terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes.
• The Competition is open to public excluding the professional photographers, except the Indonesian Petroleum Association Board Member, Employees and the 37th IPA Convention and Exhibtion Convention Committee and Dyandra & Co Group employees, and anyone connected with the promotion; Sponsorship Company and its employees. • By entering the competition, participants agree:
o to be bound by these terms and conditions;
o that their surname and county of residence may be released if they win a prize;
o that should they win the competition, the photograph and name may be used by Indonesian Petroleum Association for publications and promotional purposes.
• Follow the instructions carefully to enter the competition and pay particular attention to the advertised closing date. Entries received after the closing date of the promotion will not be considered.
• Only entries that conform to the stated requirements and conditions of the competition will be permitted.
• The Committee decision as to the winner(s) is final and no correspondence relating to the competition will be entered. Winner(s) will be notified within 14 days of the close of the competition, unless otherwise stated.
• Prizes will not be transferable. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred.
• IPA and Dyandra & Co reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• If the winner is unable to be contacted within two weeks of the competition’s closing date, IPA reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner up, or to re‐offer the prize in any future competition or promotion.
• Dyandra & Co excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injur
y occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the competition or occurring to the winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a prize. • We shall not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of our use or exploitation of any material entered into the competition.
Competition Participants must NOT:
• Include any material that does not belong to you. All material in your entry must be your own original work.
• Infringe anyone else’s rights, including copyright. Your entries must not violate, plagiarize or infringe the rights of any third party including any copyright, database, trade mark, trade secret, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights of any kind.
• Contain unlawful or objectionable content. Material that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, obscene, offensive, abusive, hateful, inflammatory, profane, racially, sexually or religiously offensive or otherwise objectionable or unlawful is not acceptable.
• Involve disruptive, offensive or abusive behavior. Contributions must be constructive and polite. They may not be contributed with the intention of invading anyone’s privacy, of being threatening, abusive, offensive, upsetting or embarrassing or of causing trouble, annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• Promote illegal or anti‐social behavior. Contributions must not contain violent or sexually explicit material or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) terrorist acts, copyright infringement or computer.
• Participants must not misrepresent their origins and/or names. Submitted personal details may not be used to impersonate any other person.
Notification to winners
• Names of the winners will announced at the third day of the 37th IPA Convention and Exhibition, May 17th 2013 at the Closing Ceremony.
• Names of the winners will also be published on the IPA website, printed materials, and other media where winning photographs are displayed.
• The organizer is not responsible for any damage or loss that may occur during the sending of entries via the Internet and any problems or damages beyond the control of the organizer, such as troubles relating to computer networks, computer virus infections or unauthorized computer access.
• Participants must possess the exclusive rights to each entered work and are responsible for having obtained any necessary permission relating the subject/subject matter. The organizer will not be responsible for any claims or complaints against infringement of rights or damages from third parties relating to the subject/subject matter of entries, and the entrant agrees to indemnify and hold the organizer harmless in such cases.
• “Model & Property Release” entirely the responsibility of participants. Implementers and organizers are not responsible for the demands of the photo model or the other party with respect to the matter of competition that is sent or submitted in this competition.
Rights of Participants
Participants retain all copyrights and other equivalent rights to entered photographs; however the organizer will possess rights as stated below in “Rights of the organizer.”
Rights of the Organizer
• The organizer, its subsidiaries and affiliates reserves exclusive right to publish, reproduce, display, distribute, and show on screen any winning photograph on Web sites, photo exhibitions, or any other media which is under the management of the organizer for the purpose of promoting oil and gas industry. In all cases where such photographs are used, the organizer reserves the right to do so without obtaining the further prior permission of the winner and without offering any further compensation in any form.
• The organizer, its subsidiaries and affiliates reserve the right to (a) display some or all parts of winning works accompanied by additional effects, such as computer graphics, sound effects or music on Web sites managed by the organizer, its subsidiaries and affiliates and (b) to reproduce some or all parts of the winning works for the purposes of producing announcement posters, tickets, brochures, etc. for photo exhibitions and other events. Winners may not exercise any copyright or personal rights to the photographs used.
• In the event that an entry is found to contravene the entry requirements stated by the organizer, that entry will be disqualified. Participants will, however, not be notified of such a judgment. The organizer reserves the right to revoke winner status and revoke any awarded prize in the event that an entrant is found to be unsuitable after the prize is awarded.
• All terms and conditions regarding entry to the contest are applied according to Indonesia legal requirements. In the event that entries are made from outside Indonesia, such entries will be handled subject to Indonesia law.
• It is not the responsibility of the organizer to ensure that the contest entry requirements and use of personal information do not contravene the laws and regulations of the country from which the entry is being submitted. For the aforementioned reason, all responsibilities relating to the submission of entries to the contest will be borne by the entrant who, it is understood, has submitted such entries under their own responsibility and at their own risk. In the event that any misfortune or damage should be experienced on the side of the entrant, the organizer will not be responsible. Such damages will therefore be the sole responsibility of the entrant.
• Should any conflict arise between an entrant and the organizer, the case will fall under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Jakarta District Court and will be handled and settled accordingly.
Intellectual Property Rights:
• By entering any form of photograph to the “Photo Competition” you agree to grant to the IPA and Dyandra & Co, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way we want (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for usage in media (including on our websites accessed by international users) with particular image size 600×800 pixels starting the Photo Competition launched.
• In contributing to the “Photo Competition” you agree to grant both parties mentioned above a royalty‐free, non‐exclusive license to publish and otherwise use the material in any way that we want, and in any media in connection with this competition and any associated promotions and editorial usage including for web media promotion usage (including on our websites accessed by international users) with particular image size 600×800 pixels starting the Photo Competition launched.
• Pictures submitted and marked as entries to “Photo Competition” will only be used in conjunction with the competition and any associated promotions and editorial usage undertaken by IPA and also for web media usage undertaken by IPA with particular image size 600×800 pixels starting Photo Competition launched.
• It is important to note, however, that you still own the copyright to everything you contribute for the “Photo Competition” and that if your image is accepted as an entry; we will publish your name alongside it on the IPA websites as confirmation.
• Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
• In order that the IPA can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any Indonesian laws, that you have the right to give the us permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 17 years old.
• By entering, Participants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules.
• We normally show your name with your entry, unless you request otherwise, but for operational reasons this is not always possible. We may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your entry, or in relation to particular projects.
• In the case of news‐related materials please note that this may be shared with the third party media and overseas partners; these are all reputable news media publishers or broadcasters who are prohibited from altering the material in any way.
• If you do not want to grant Dyandra & Co or IPA the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit your images to the competition. • If you have any questions regarding entry in the “Photo Competition” please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
• Participant entries will submit up to 2 photos from April 1st to April 30th 2013. During the time the organizer will download those pictures every day, compiled in an archive, and send to the judges e‐mail address every 3 days to be reviewed. The judges will send their selected photo in a list mentioned the detail requirement on the photo such as name, title, etc.
• The photos selected until April 30th, will be compiled in one file and printed in 10R for process to Final round. Final judging day is on the May 17th where all the judges will be in a same room for judging process for 36 photos to be displayed the exhibition.
• The winner and finalist will be notified by the committee by phone and e‐mail.
Best Photo Process
Photos that have passed to Final will be displayed at the exhibition for 3 days. Best photo will be voted by the visitors who come to the exhibition. Voting coupon is going to be distributed at the main gate and also photo booth. To avoid double voting, the organizer will make a voter list every day. Voting will be closed on May 17th, at 12pm.
• Winner announcement is on the Closing Ceremony, May 17th 2013. The winner will be represented by their company (if any) and the photo will be showed on the screen. Prize in symbolic will be given to the appointed representative.
• Photo finalist and the winner will also be announced on the IPA official website.